Which rules should we follow?
The aim of this unit is to:
- give pupils an opportunity to consider the value and purpose of rules.
- examine Christian rules for living and the source of these rules.
- Encourage pupils to reflect upon their own lifestyle and the influences upon it.
- consider the rules followed by other faiths and the ways in which the rules influence behaviour and decisions.
- What are rules?
- Why do we have rules?
- Who makes the rules?
- Who keeps the rules?
- Is there a difference between rules and laws?
- Who makes the law?
- What would happen if there were no rules/laws?
- Are the ten commandments still as relevant today?
- Why did Jesus bring a new commandment?
- Why do religions have rules?