Miss Harpur, Mrs Seddon and Mrs Cook would like to welcome you to our class page.
We currently have 30 children in Year 2.
Our topic this term is called Explorers. Look out for all the wonderful things we have been learning on here!
We have been learning different ways to travel, balance, jump and roll in gymnastics. We have now stared to use some of these skills to work on the apparatus!
Children in year 2 are expected to read a minimum of 3 times each week.
You will also receive weekly spellings and times tables to practise in preparation for a test each Friday. These spellings and times tables will also be practised as part of our work in class.
- P.E. We have P.E. lessons on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
- Homework: In Year 2, we feel that the most important things to focus on at home are our weekly spelling, times table and reading challenges.
- We have our spelling and times tables tests on Mondays.
- Children should have their P.E. Kits, reading books and reading records in school every day.
- Children have free access to fruit at play times and water throughout the day.
We follow the No-Nonsense Spelling Scheme in school. Each week, we will learn and practise a different spelling rule in school and we will receive a test each Monday. Please help by practising these spellings at home if possible.
At the end of Year 2, children will take assessments in Reading, Maths and Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling. They will also receive teacher-assessments in Writing.
Please find below some tips for how to help prepare your child for these.