Teacher: Mrs A. Heyworth
Teaching Assistant: Mrs G. Naylor
Our Year 1 class governor is Mrs S. Reid
Our Class Routines...
Children's reading books should be placed in the class box every morning for checking and exchanging, please make sure your child has their book in school every day.
- We have P.E. lessons on Monday afternoons and Wednesday mornings.
- We have library time on Fridays their library books will only be changed on this day. Please ensure your child brings in their library book each week (this will begin when the new library is up and running).
- We have our spelling test on a Friday morning and new spellings will be sent out weekly. This will begin after the October half term.
- Children should have their P.E. Kits, reading books and reading records in school every day.
- Children have free access to fruit and water as a snack at break times.
In Year 1, our continuous provision learning trays are set up and available for children to access independently to challenge and support their learning in a meaningful way. Although we now have structured lessons, each area is planned to suit the needs of all children and a variety of resources are always available to ensure your child is able to practise the skills and tasks which interest them. All children will be allowed access either when they have finished a guided activity or as part of a guided activity where appropriate. Some children may spend more/less time in the given areas as they continue their development through year one based on their individual needs.
Please find below helpful links to support the Phonics Screening Test in Year One.
In year 1 we begin to practice cursive script. Some of us even become Handwriting Heroes! If you wish to practice at home, there are some handwriting worksheets available below.