Miss Harpur and Mrs Naylor would like to welcome you to our class page.
We currently have 30 SUPER children in Year 2.
Our topic this half term is called Explorers. Look out for all the wonderful things we have been learning on here and on Class Dojo!
- P.E. We have P.E. lessons on Thursday mornings and Friday afternoons.
- School Library: We have library time on Wednesdays. Please ensure your child brings in their library book each week.
- Homework: Throughout Year 2, we feel that the most important things to focus on at home are our weekly spelling, times table and reading challenges.
If you wish to complete additional homework with your child, a homework topic web will be stuck into your child's homework book at the beginning of each half term with a number of different tasks. Your child may choose to complete them in any order they wish. Please feel free to be as creative as you like with presentation. You can use collage, pictures, photographs, computer work, diagrams, different writing… in fact any way that you can think of that will show their work and make the task exciting and interesting. I hope you will enjoy completing the tasks with your child.
- We have our spelling and times tables tests on Mondays.
- Children should have their P.E. Kits, reading books and reading records in school every day.
- Children have free access to fruit at play times and water throughout the day. If you wish to order an additional snack of toast or a crumpet please do so via Parent Pay.
- Milk will be given out during first break. Please note that milk is not free to all children after the age of 5. If you wish for your child to continue to receive milk please register at:https://www.coolmilk.com/.
If you think you may be entitled to free milk please enquire at: http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/children-education-families/schools/help-with-school-costs/free-school-meals.aspx
Our topic in Autumn 2 was called Fighting Fit. Look below for some of the wonderful things we have been learning about on here and on Class Dojo!
We have been learning all about our bones. We even played a game of Simon says at playtime!
Simon Says "find your femur."
Can you remember where it is?
Firefighters visited Year 2 to teach us all about fire safety!
We worked together with Year 6 to make some beautiful recycled poppies which are now displayed outside. We will remember them.
We follow the No-Nonsense Spelling Scheme in school. Each week, we will learn and practise a different spelling rule in school and we will receive a test each Monday. Please help by practising these spellings at home if possible.
At the end of Year 2, children will take assessments in Reading, Maths and Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling. They will also receive teacher-assessments in Writing.
Please find below some tips for how to help prepare your child for these.